What we all need this winter is a bit of therapeutic massage therapy on a nice warm futon! Come and join me at Tru Yoga in Alnwick on Thursdays between 1pm – 8pm and discover the delights of Thai Yoga massage and Heavenly Head and Aromatherapy Massage and ThaiVedic Yoga. Read on to find out what I can do for you… I look forward to seeing you soon! Ring Lyn on 07733 266 487 to book your session.
Powerful stretches and deep acupressure are applied carefully along the meridian system as a fluid meditative dance, creating a relaxed supported bodywork that allows a profound sense of space and relaxation – connecting with the elements, using breath, movement and touch. We are also working with the energetic systems of the body, listening deeply and working mindfully, allowing the tissues to unwind and vital energy to flow freely.
- Enhances your practice of yoga, pilates, and other physical exercises.
- Balances the body’s energy pathways.
- Increases resistance to injury.
- Relieves pain due to arthritis, stress, and overworked muscles.
- Improves range of motion.
A deeply restorative head, face, neck and shoulder massage using pure essential oils that work on many levels…
Stimulation of acupressure points and soft tissues of the head, neck and shoulders helps to ease the stress and tension that can accumulate there, bringing a sense of total relaxation of body and mind.
The luxurious facial rejuvenates the tissues and aids in lymphatic drainage, creating a wonderfully youthful and radiant complexion. As well as being very therapeutic it feels amazing!
Sounds divine doesn’t it? A real treat… Actually it isn’t simply a ‘treat’ – the benefits can assist with a variety of physical and emotional problems.
- Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back pain – Tension in the upper back, neck and head very often leads to headaches. If this is a continual, unrelenting tension it can even lead to depression.
- Detoxifies the body – The massage will improve lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck which helps the body to get rid of waste products from those tight muscles.
- Relieves anxiety – In Ayurveda this area is related to your vital Prana. When we work here, we are working to help relieve stress and anxiety. The use of calming essential oils greatly enhances this process.
- Gives you more energy – It’s all about bringing everything back to balance. Working on the chakras during a head massage goes beyond healing and restores balance to the bodies energies.
- Boosts memory – It’s like pressing the reset button. During the massage everything slows down, tension is dissipated and your thoughts quieten right down, allowing the brain to ‘charge’.
- Helps with sleeping problems – Sleeping poorly is often a side-effect of stress, therefore relieving stress and tension will allow your body to properly relax and rest.
- Promotes hair growth – This is a lovely side effect of my Heavenly Head Massage (if you’re trying to grow your hair anyway…). The massage increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicle which in turns stimulates hair growth. It’s a one way ticket to long, luscious locks!
- A non surgical face lift – Takes years off you! Well maybe not years, but you will go away with a relaxed and happy glow!
The benefits of massage seem almost endless. Besides the obvious ‘making us feel great,’ more and more people are learning the wonderful physiological effects that it has on us.
I look forward to sharing some healing work with you soon!