A deeply restorative Ayurvedic massage of the head, face, neck and shoulders/back using pure essential oils that work on many levels.
Stimulation of acupressure points and soft tissues helps to ease the stress and tension that can accumulate in all of these areas, bringing a sense of total relaxation of body and mind.
The luxurious facial rejuvenates the tissues and aids in lymphatic drainage, creating a wonderfully youthful and radiant complexion. As well as being very therapeutic it feels amazing!
Sounds like a real treat doesn’t it? Actually it isn’t simply a ‘treat’ – the benefits can assist with a variety of physical and emotional problems.
It is based on the Ayurvedic system of medicine
A healing modality which has been practiced in India for more than a thousand years. It works on both the physical and the mental level. Physically it helps all the systems of the body – boosting the immune system by calming the nervous system, increasing circulation and balancing hormones, and aiding lymphatic flow. Mentally, it helps the mind to relax, restoring a life-giving energy that assists all systems of the body to renew themselves.
The many benefits of Heavenly Head Massage
- Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back pain. Tension in the upper back, neck and head very often leads to headaches – if this continues it can even lead to depression.
- Detoxifies the body by improving lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck, helping the body to get rid of waste products from those tight muscles.
- Relieves anxiety. In Ayurveda the head area is related your vital energy. When we work here, we are working to relieve stress and anxiety. The use of calming essential oils greatly enhances this process.
- Improves energy. It’s all about bringing everything back to balance as we work with the body’s energetic systems
- Boosts memory. It’s like pressing the reset button. During massage everything slows down, tension is dissipated and your thoughts quieten, allowing the brain to rest.
- Improves sleep. Sleeping poorly is often a side-effect of stress, therefore relieving stress and tension will allow your body to properly relax and rest.
- Promotes hair growth – a lovely side effect of my Heavenly Head Massage! The massage increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicle which stimulates hair growth. It’s a one way ticket to long, luscious locks!
- A non surgical face lift. Takes years off you! Well maybe not years, but you will go away with a relaxed and happy glow!
I have frequent massages in Yorkshire and was lucky to be introduced to Lyn whilst on a trip to Northumberland staying with friends. I have to say this was my best massage ever, it was the most nurturing and special experience and it shan’t be my last, I shall be back for another. Do not hesitate to book a massage you shall not be disappointed. It was heavenly. Thank you LYN